AAISA members provide settlement and integration services to newcomers across Alberta. Our member agencies play a vital role in ensuring newcomers feel welcomed and supported so they can reach their full potential – leading to substantial contributions to the province’s communities and economy.
AAISA’s mandate is to provide sector leadership, an influential policy voice at all levels of government, and to advance the standards for excellence in professional settlement practice.
Become an AAISA member today!
The AAISA Advantage
Join our growing membership base of 36 agencies. See for yourself what the AAISA Advantage is all about!
- We are the only certification program for Settlement Practitioners in Canada
- More than 211 settlement practitioners have been certified through AAISA
- Our unique certification process recognizes prior knowledge and training
- Our specialized training is responsive to the sector, with courses ranging from pre-service certification, to leadership development, and managing practitioner stress and burn out
- We offer a minimum of 14 courses (in-person and online) per year
- Membership includes allocation of fully subsidized seats for Settlement Practitioner training
- Receive discounted or waived conference registration fees
Research & Policy
- Access to AAISA developed research bulletins and briefs on policy issues and immigration trends
- Participate in stakeholder-informed research
- Access shared aggregate data on settlement and integration
- Access to a full resource library, specific to the Canadian and Albertan contexts
- Have your voice heard through AAISA representation at meetings & delegations across the province
- Participate on the AAISA Board of Directors, committees, and working groups
- Attend networking events, consultations and AAISA’s Biennial Conference
- Have your events and accolades published in our monthly newsletter